Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wait, we have a son, too?

This past Memorial Day weekend, we had the pleasure of having a bunch of Pinky's family come spend Saturday with us. What fun! Before I say another word, a HUGE thank-you to Rina for cooking up the most marvelous feast. All kinds of yummy stuff kept coming out, and I can't remember when I've had ribs that good. We barely had to lift a finger! That was awesome, Rina, we owe you one!
But the most curious thing was, apparently we've had a son all this time and didn't realize it! One minute, I was holding Lily (who was having kind of a tough day), and then she spit up on herself. Naturally, this upset her, so her mama took her into a back room to comfort her for a while. Well, much to my surprise, when mom emerged later, there's no sign of Lily, but this little boy suddenly shows up!

You can see the young man being held by Toto Kevin, here. From the looks of things, he appears to be about Lily's age, and actually bears a fairly strong resemblance to her. I guess he must be some sort of twin. I can't believe Pinky didn't mention that to me. Poor little guy! We never even visited him in the NICU. Spent all our time with his sister. Still, he seems to have come through just fine, and is doing every bit as well as his sister is. Don't know where he's been hanging out this whole time, though.


(as you can see, Uncle John is also surprised by the sudden appearance of this small boy)

But, never let it be said that we can't deal with surprises. As you can see, the young fella was swiftly and warmly welcomed into the family. We've decided to name him Lolly. I just hope his sister turns up...

No comments: