Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Conquering the elements

Let's see...earth: check! I can roll in both directions, back, front, whatever, so THEORETICALLY I can go anywhere. Although I admit crawling might be more efficient (and I'm working on that)

Air: check! I'm sure you have all read about my airplane flight!

Fire: what, are you crazy? I can't play with fire, I'm a baby.

Well, gee, that just leaves water! And guess what! CHECK!!


This weekend, I went swimming for the first time! Some of the preliminaries, I could do without. Mama spread this white stuff all over me...yucky! And then mama and dada put this funny shirt on me, and it went over my head and I don't like that very much. But supposedly this shirt blocks yoouvee rays, whatever they are, but mama and dada seem to think it's important so okay.




Actually, dada looks like he could use some more of those yoouvee rays...he's pretty pale under his shirt!


Anyways, once I was in it was pretty cool! It's like a bath, except bigger and not so warm. Mama and dada had been getting me used to the idea all week by letting me kick-kick my feet in the pool, so I was totally at ease when the time came. Water is pretty neat! Mama and dada are thinking of having my nanny take me to swim classes. Will I get to wear my cool hat?

The best part, though? Swimmy snuggles with mama!

(my hat is almost as big as hers!)

No comments: